This year’s finalists for the American Booksellers Association’s National Book Awards were announced last week.
Readers who are interested in reading one or more of these titles before the winners are announced November 14th will find all of them listed in the library’s catalog.
- This Is How You Lose Her by Junot Díaz,
- A Hologram for the King by Dave Eggers
- The Round House by Louise Erdich
- Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk by Ben Fountain
- The Yellow Birds by Kevin Powers
- Iron Curtain: The Crushing of Eastern Europe, 1945-1956 by Anne Applebaum
- Behind the Beautiful Forevers: Life, Death, and Hope in a Mumbai Undercity by Katherine Boo
- The Years of Lyndon Johnson, Volume 4: The Passage of Power by Robert A. Caro
- The Boy Kings of Texas by Domingo Martinez
- House of Stone: A Memoir of Home, Family, and a Lost Middle East by Anthony Shadid
Brief reviews of each of these titles, plus information about titles in other NBA categories, are available at Publishers Weekly.